Skip to main content

New Show From Boondocks Creator at Adult Swim

First of all, do I want to watch any live-action show on Cartoon Network? No. Okay, got that out of the way.

Aaron McGruder, the writer of "The Boondocks" will be bringing us..."Black Jesus" a live-action, half-hour comedy. Black Jesus will try to bring love and kindness to the downtrodden on the streets of Compton.

Nope.

I don't know McGruder, but I'm not sure how he's qualified to do this show. Boondocks is already screechingly preachy and one-sided. Now he's taking a historical 'preacher' and...no.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sacramento Comic Con Talk: Black Panther, Star Trek

I'm attending the Comic Con tour at Sacramento. It's all very nerdy and kind of over the top to me. Josh is having fun, though, so I guess it's worth it. I went to the film festival that showcases local filmmakers and their films. They had a special panel by a professor and two of her students from Sac State. The professor discussed Star Trek and its multi-racial characters since she, the professor, was biracial. One of the students analyzed the recent Black Panther (2011) animated series from the standpoint of how inferior black males are usually portrayed in media. The other student looked at the first two Alien movies and how they blended gender, 'queer' gender roles. Of course, the first two talks were much more interesting to me than the latter. Yet it got me to thinking. In the Black Panther series, they gave a new history for a subset of blacks. One that didn't involve poverty or slavery or oppression. On the other hand, in the Star Trek series, black...

Are We Ready for Barbershop 3?

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=116505 Really, Ice Cube? That's the movie that you're using your rebound success to make? The third Barbershop movie? Well, okay then. At least a whole heap of black folks will be hired to reprise old roles and take on new ones. That's something, right?